The word Ayurveda is derived from two conjoined Sanskrit words ‘Ayuh’(life) and ‘Veda’ (science or knowledge). Ayurveda is not only a form of medication, but a way of life known to generations of Sri Lankans for over two millennia; a gentle yet effective method of treating the root causes of illness in both mind and body.
Tour packages to experience therapeutic Ayurveda treatment through reputed Sri Lankan Ayurvedic physicians can be arranged and include massage techniques, oral medication, and a myriad other therapies to suit symptoms of discomfort.
Types of Ayurveda massages
- Ayurveda body massage: the application of oil on the body with the help of palms mainly used for relaxation, blood circulation, and toning of the muscles.
- Ayurveda head oil treatment: The use of different types of oil and massaging with the hands depending upon to guest’s condition.
- Ayurveda facial treatment: Herbal pastes and steam for clearer skin.
- Ayurveda herbal bath: A herbal bath prepared using herbal leaves and roots.
- Ayurveda nasal treatment: an effective cure for chronic sinusitis, chronic headache and migraine, facial paralysis, nasal congestion, and diseases of the ear, nose, mouth and head.
- Ayurveda arm and leg massage, Ayurveda neck and shoulder massage: Special herbal oil is applied to release muscular spasms, rheumatic pain and stress related conditions.
- Ayurveda foot massage: Prevents and cures dryness, numbness, roughness, fatigue, and cracking of the heels. It strengthens walking and running.